There is no doubt that the Coronavirus has changed many aspects of our lives and is affecting everyone in both their private and work life.
The protective measures we have implemented within Rommelag's structures to insure every employee's safety, as well as the preventive actions and restrictions taken by local and worldwide governments have impacted the way we are operating today.
We are glad to say that at Rommelag we have been able to continue our manufacturing operations without significant issues.
It is our goal to keep this status and thus minimize the risk of partial or total closure. We have therefore organized our services as follows:
- Our Commercial Division is fully operational to support our customers, prospects and business partners with all questions and/or concerns they might have, to the exception that we are not meeting in person. We are as always available via email, phone or video conference to accommodate all involved parties as needed. Nevertheless, and until further notice, there is unfortunately no possibility to accept visitors to any of our sales nor manufacturing sites.
- Our After Sales Support and Customer Service are also available as usual. We are continuing to support our customers for trouble-shooting. In case of a machine emergency we will try to solve the problem by remote service or through any other communication tools, prior to considering when possible and permitted, options for a personnel visit. Contact: https://www.rommelag.com/en/service/contact/
- Machine installations through our engineers must unfortunately be postponed right now. Again, our priority is to be a responsible actor during this pandemic, helping keep everyone, may it be our customers, our partners or our employees, safe and help slow down the spread of COVID-19.
- Modification works or retrofits can still be planned but their installation and commissioning need to be postponed as explained above.
- Our Manufacturing sites have introduced a 2 shifts operation mode in order to comply with the needed social distance between operators and minimize potential exposure. We have been able to maintain our operations running and are doing our utmost to keep up with our deadlines.
- Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) are carried out as planned, with the difference that they are overseen solely by Rommelag staff, without customer representatives being physically present. All scheduled FATs are therefore appropriately documented so that the machines can be timely shipped. The scope of tests to be done will be defined and discussed with every customer to ensure our FAT comply with their expectations/requirements.
Rommelag cannot however accept the postponement of any scheduled FAT nor the subsequent shipment of any machine. We kindly ask for your understanding.
Considering unpredictable circumstances and the possible introduction of more restrictive provisions, please note that the situation as described above may change any time. We will keep you informed about any future developments as they arise.
We thank you again in advance for your understanding. It takes our joint efforts to mitigate the impact of this pandemic. We assure you of our commitment and determination to return to normal business operations as soon as possible.